What types of 4GLTE smartphone communication does Verizon continue to support?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

While some of the old 4GLTE tech has been recently discontinued and no longer usable by Verizon, not all?  What are the technical standards that a 4GLTE phone must have that can be used now?  A URL discussing how to buy a low cost 4G android smartphone that is supported by Verizon would be most appreciated.  Can't find this info anywhere on any Verizon website page is why I ask.

Need to replace these Motorola Moto X smartphones no longer working on Verizon's network due to being old, decrepit and no longer usable.Collage 2 1013.jpg

0 Likes
Re: What types of 4GLTE smartphone communication does Verizon continue to support?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon no longer supports CDMA, why is Target selling a flip phone as Verizon compatible  and 4G CDMA?

Seems to me that to keep a Life Line in place for us, Verizon should have offered us this solution?

Re: What types of 4GLTE smartphone communication does Verizon continue to support?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3
Will this Nokia 4G LTE Verizon prepaid work with a regular account?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

A flip Nokia at Target is compatible?

This is why I ask:

But that doesn’t mean that 4G is going away. In fact, Verizon expects its 4G LTE network to be its mainstay for some time to come. 5G will be rolled out incrementally, city by city, and live alongside 4G LTE for the foreseeable future.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/what-4g-lte-and-why-it-matters 

ICYMI:

My wife and I are in peril due to Verizon's "marshmallow" customer service.

We are both 74. I am a Vietnam War US Army veteran. My wife and I each have Motorola smartphones we purchased from Verizon a few years ago.

We are paid in full to date.

In the last 3 months, I have personally spent over 40 hours on Verizon's website, on their chat, on their voice call centers, and even went into the local store. No progress, resolution, or any kind of interest in assisting my wife and I.

Under US law and FCC regulations, due to our age, we are legally entitled to a "Life Line" such that in an emergency we have access to 911, etc.

No one we have talked to, or communicated with, in any manner at any time at Verizon has accepted that this neglect of folks our age is de facto ageism.

Several months ago, my wife had what seemed to be a mild heart attack. She passed out while preparing breakfast while I caught her before she hit the floor, she was so limp and flacid I thought she had died. I told her "I have you and you are safe."

She came back! Thank God.

I did not have to call 911.

Today, were she to have another event (despite now being on low dosage beta blockers now), we would not be able to call 911 on either of the 2 Motorola phones we purchased from Verizon some years ago.

Just yesterday I ran errands with NO phone on me, or on her. That is why the Life Line availability is Federal Law.

This situation, which is owned 100% by Verizon, deserves to be promptly resolved. Should my wife, or I, pass, due to our lack of a Life Line, I will....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Jenli! We do want to make sure we're getting to the bottom of what's happening with your device, and the need to replace it! We're sending a Private Note. Please, respond to it. We'll get you taken care of!

*Chance

0 Likes
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Done that 6-7 times now. C level has VZ customer service underbudgeted, over worked, under paid, poorly trained and no doubt thoroughly demoralized since the woman over all consumer was FIRED in December after taking the position only last Jan. No wonder VZ is losing more customers than gaining new ones. VZ customer service is a Ground Hog Day.

0 Likes
Re: Will this Nokia 4G LTE Verizon prepaid work with a regular account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help in whatever way we can. Please send us a Private Note so we can address your concerns.*Zachary

0 Likes
Re: Will this Nokia 4G LTE Verizon prepaid work with a regular account?
Jenli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems C Level has VZ Customer Service deliberately underbudgeted, and consequently understaffed, poorly trained, low morale (due to firing of Consumer Group CEO last month?), and way overloaded. They do that to increase their ROI so their stock options will appreciate and make them millionaires. Ignoring LifeLine and customer service issues for personal financial gain seems to me.

---------------------

Manon Brouillette named Chief Executive Officer, Verizon Consumer Group

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/manon-brouillette-named-chief-executive-officer-verizon-consumer-... 

Verizon announces changes to Consumer Group Leadership

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-announces-changes-consumer-group-leadership 

0 Likes