3g speeds ping rates
jj123

I'm interested to know what people are getting for ping rates. I have unlimited plan, 8 months ago it was great 1.5-2mb down, for the last 2 months i'm lucky to see 700kbbs down, I don't use that much data vs some people this month i'm only up to 1.5g data so far. In July I actually managed to stream an entire 1080p movie form vudu without interruption. now it takes this page 2 mins to load. but I can actually do everything I need to online with 700kbbs if I have ping rates under 100ms.  Here seems to be my issue, my ping rates are averaging 800ms, spikes to 1800ms, all the time, its driving me crazy, I don't care if they need to Throttle or "optimize" data, but when Ping rates can't get below 800ms it makes me think there is an infrastructure problem. They don't Throttle ping rates.  Once in while I understand high ping crowded servers but 2 months 90% the time its 800ms or higher.

0 Likes
Re: 3g speeds ping rates
Tidbits
Legend

200-300 on 3G, and about <150 all the time on 4G.  I live in the middle of the Pacific so some of that can be contributed to distance to servers.

Well it may be due to the holiday sales that happened and a lot of people picking up devices or "upgrading" to smart phones during the holidays.  It could be they are operating and testing 4G(which WILL affect 3G sometimes).  They put up mobile femtocells take down a tower and implement stuff then bring the tower back online.  mobile femtocells doesn't have the kind of capacity as a tower will so if too many are connected to one of them you'd get your type of symptoms.

0 Likes
Re: 3g speeds ping rates
iiphuzzii
Enthusiast - Level 1

150 to 200 on Verizon LTE installed. Very [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes