4510L locks up
hazrien

I have a MiFi 4510L that does not work. It locks up multiple times a day, disconnecting the 2 PCs that use the MiFi as an access point. When it locks up, I cannot access the 192.168.1.1 configuration page, and the light on the MiFi will change from blinking green to solid green (4G) or blinking purple to solid purple (3G). The device is totally inaccessible until I reset it by holding down the power button.

I have updated the firmware to 2.28.02. I have tried using 802.11 modes g + b + n, g + b, n only, and g only with no change. 3G (3 bars) or 4G (4 bars) makes no difference. Forcing LTE only or CDMA only makes no difference. I have disconnected the battey and SIM card, waited 5 minutes, and reassembled. No change. I defaulted the device both with a paperclip and through the diagnostic menu with no change. WiFi signal strength on both PCs is excellent. Power management is set to never shut down as the device is always in the same spot with the charger plugged in, and is never mobile.

I am really fed up with this device, it really is not acceptable to have to reset it multiple times per day. What can I do from here?

0 Likes
Re: 4510L locks up
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

You can Contact VZ about the issue and they would send you a replacement, or you can also go the other route and just get a Pantech UML290 and a CradlePoint Router.  The Pantech UML290 is more reliable because of the number of firmwares that have been updated on it, I believe 29 now.  You can get both of the devices at 3gstore.

0 Likes
hazrien

If I'm going to spend any more money on this it's going to be for the contract cancellation fee.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hazrien, I agree that it is not acceptable for your device to lock up multiple times a day. I want you to have a consistent, reliable internet connection. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting and have the current software. How long has this issue been going on? Have you used your MiFi in other areas lately to see if it works the same in other areas? What city and state are you located in?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes