4510L web login
trbasher

I used to be able to log into my 4510 via my browser using the vz.hotspot addy. Now I can't using that nor 192.168.1.1 nor any other addy that I have found searching this forum. I have pulled the batt, pulled the sim card, rebooted it  all to no avail.

0 Likes
Re: 4510L web login
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Whats an addy?

To sign into the MiFi admin page:

1. Connect to your MiFi

2. Navigate to http://mifi.admin

3. Sign into the MiFi with the admin password

a. Normally found on the back of the MiFi

b. Could also be "admin"

192.168.1.1 would not work if you were either not connected or you changed the IP Addresses around on the MiFi.  You would need to lookup and confirm what your default gateway is on IPConfig to confirm it one way or another.  I like using http://MiFi.admin because it is dynamic and ignores any IP Configuration changes you might have made.

0 Likes
trbasher

Sorry addy is inet shorthand for address, that mifi.admin don't work either. I can not connect to my mifi  to change any settings. I can connect to the inet and surf (slowly) On 4g all I can get for dl speeds is 30kbps sometimes 40kpbs. I get faster speeds on 3g most times. I can not find any way to log into the admin of my mifi.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Ok, that sounds like a performance issue.  4G LTE should get you download speeds of atleast 5Mbps whenever its available.  Even 3G should get you closer to 1Mbps.  If your speed is that slow then perhaps the MiFi is too busy to load the admin page for you too.  I'd suggest going through a level 3 reset to get your MiFi behaving properly.

Level 3 Reset

1. Power on the MiFi
  2. Remove the back cover
  3. Press and hold the Reset button next to the battery for 10 seconds
  4. Watch the MiFi E-Ink display to see if all the icons are displayed
  5. Release the Reset button
  6. Reassemble the MiFi
  7. Test your connection

Level 3 will also reset your default gateway information.  You should be able to navigate back to 192.168.1.1.  You can always confirm your default gateway by looking it up in IPConfig.  Remember that you cannot access local routers when you have a VPN tunnel connected.  Be sure to disconnect from any extra networks while trying to access the MiFi.

0 Likes
trbasher

Nope that didn't nothing but erase all the settings I had done originally. I still can't login to it via 192.168.1.1, mifi.admin, vz.hotspot or any other. Smiley Sad I see I am gonna have to take it back to Verizon and get a new one cause it apparently is broke.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

This would be a good reason to visit a store as any rep should be able to reproduce the problem and swap out your hardware.  Hopefully the new device will resolve your problem.

0 Likes