4620L - No DHCP Given for more than 1 device
whatchamacallit99

Hi,

4620L is setup to provide DHCP for 6 devices.  Unfortunately, only the first device gets DHCP, and any other device times out.  The other devices are wifi connected as I can see the device count incrementing higher on the 4620L lcd screen, however, all subsequent devices timeout on DHCP.  Putting a static IP on the subsequent devices beyond the first works OK and they can connect to the Internet.  It can be any devices that connects first (Win7 laptop, MAC laptop, iPad, Android) and it still doesn't matter as all subsequent devices have the same issue of a DHCP timeout.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: 4620L - No DHCP Given for more than 1 device
whatchamacallit99

Doing more troubleshooting, looks to be a bug.  If I change the default private network it uses to 192.168.20.0 /24 everything works fine.  If I change the network to 10.10.10.0 /24 is when only the first device connects via DHCP, and subsequent devices don't...and the only way to get them connected is to put a static IP on them in the 10.10.10.0 /24 range.  I'm opening a ticket with Verizon tech support.

0 Likes
DonMannino

I ran into this same problem.  In my case the default address was 192.168.1.1, and I had changed the router address to 192.168.10.50.  Only one device would connect unless I set the second computer to a fixed IP.

Changed back to default, and it works now.  Hopefully they can update the firmware to fix this.

Don Mannino

0 Likes
lancorp

Can confirm that at the time of this posting, with latest firmware, my 4620L does the same thing. 

I changed the default 192.168.1.1 DHCP range to something more unique and only one device would connect through DHCP.

Another worked if I manually set the IP address.

Obviously, some bug needs to be worked out.  Bummer.

0 Likes