4G Connection Drops Overnight? First on JetPack & now on HomeFusion
bsu4phd

Tried the latest JetPack, but 4G connection was dropped overnight.  Had to restart device.

Then switch to HomeFusion for more reliability?

And have the same issue, HomeFusion connection is dropped overnight.  Need to restart antenna & router to establish the otherwise very good 4G connection.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Thanks!

Marc

0 Likes
Re: 4G Connection Drops Overnight? First on JetPack & now on HomeFusion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bsu4phd,  I apologize for the delayed response.  Has this been a constant occurence every night since your post?  Was the connection immediately restored after the reset?  Please keep me posted on the status of your connection as I would be happy to provide additional support. ^YK

0 Likes
opelgt

I have had the same dropping since it was installed in Aug 2013.  Verizon tech support said to either do a software reset or unplug it every time it happens.  Thanks for nothing! I have an open service ticket with them. I check with them every month to see what is happening as they said it was a nationwide system problem wit the design of the software and that the provider of the home fusion hardware/software is working on a software fix....this has been since Aug!

So Verizon continues to sell a product that will not perform properly and do you think they tell potential new customers? No! I was in the store and listened to the sales guy go on about it.  I had a chat with the potential customer in front of the sales guy...they did not buy. Smiley Happy

My plan is to drop the home fusion, stay with my jetpack until the two phones complete their contract and it is time for a new carrier.

Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi opelgt,

You are a valued customer and we don't want you to even consider a move! Let's get an update on that ticket! Please provide ticket number and we'll follow up on this issue for you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
opelgt

I got an update at my local store in Cypress, Texas during Christmas week, no change, software is being updated, same story for 5 months.

The parent ticket is closed and is: >>removed<<  but there is a child ticket which should be open, however I can't get that number without heading into a store.  There was also a case # back in August >>removed<<.

It would be good to post what the problem description is and what the current plan is.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
opelgt

Sorry AntonioC_VZW, I tried to post the numbers but forgot that it was not allowed and our moderator edited it.  So I can not give you any more info than that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

opelgt wrote:

Sorry AntonioC_VZW, I tried to post the numbers but forgot that it was not allowed and our moderator edited it.  So I can not give you any more info than that.

You can send a follow request to using the steps in . Once you are both following each other, then you can send them a Direct Message privately with the information they requested.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes