4G LTE Hotspot disconnection
techwrecker

Okay so I just bought a hotspot a week ago, and i was messing aorund with it today and saw that four devices were connected instead of my two. There were two with just random letters as names and my laptop and iTouch. I thought somebody was hacking into my wifi so i disconnected one of the random lettered devices then got scared i disconnected one of my devices. SURE ENOUGH my iTouch wont reconnect to the wifi. It says "Unable to access (wifi name)". Do any of you guys know how i can reconnect it?? THANKS!!

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE Hotspot disconnection
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if those were the MAC addresses for your devices. You should be able to see the MAC address for your device with the WiFi or about device setting information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
techwrecker

I'm sorry I don't know what that means... Technology's not my strong point

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

This is a local connection issue which should be easily resolved with the correct configuration.  Let us know which hotspot model you have so we can try to provide specific steps.

If anything restoring the defaults on the device should restore your connection and undo anything you might have accidentally done.  Normally there is a small pinhole sized reset button near the back of the device that can accomplish this for us.  Find it and hold it down for 10+ seconds while the device is powered on to complete the reset.

0 Likes