4G LTE affecting Yahoo Instant Messenger
kmc95

Since my crappy Pantech UML290 4G device actually started picking up a 4G signal I cant stay logged into Yahoo IM for more than about 10 seconds. Just today though it dropped back down to only receiving 3G and it works fine. Any one having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE affecting Yahoo Instant Messenger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmc95,

I'm sorry that you have been unhappy with your LTE experience. We want to help turn this around. I have a couple of questions to clarify the issue. Is it only Yahoo IM that is disconnecting? Are you having issues with other websites? Do you have an application downloaded on your PC for the IM service?

Let us know so we can work on this!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: 4G LTE affecting Yahoo Instant Messenger
kmc95

The problem started when the 4G started being received. Up til then Yahoo IM worked fine. And other web sites work fine. I looked online and found out how to force it to pick up the 3G only and now the Yahoo IM works fine, as it did before. But the 3g connection isnt very good so loading web sites is usually pretty slow. I really need to figure out how to make the 4G work with Yahoo IM. Im using windows 7 and when I emailed your support page i was told that there is a way to change the settings for windows but that id have to call and talk to someone. Id rather just have an email. Thanks

0 Likes