4G mode goes dormant and won't come out ...
where

I've been running in forced EvDO or CDMA Auto modes not becuase I don't get a good 4G signal.  My LTE signal strength can be several bars with a frequent value of around -80.  But Verizon support finally recommended I avoid 4G mode becuase I am officially "in a  4G fringe area" (the salesman didn't tell me that) and there appeared to be an issue with the device switching between protocols in "Global" (auto) mode.

But I thought that the new firmware upgrade fixed that.

So I set it on Global and was ecstatic to get 6 Mbps upload speed! 

But it only took about an hour of connect time when I lost all connectivity.  Same issue: The modem was dormant and nothing I did could bring it out.  I had to drop the call and reconnect.  After the third time in the same day, I went back to EvDO ...

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed with the new firmware release? 

Is anybody else still having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: 4G mode goes dormant and won't come out ...
ipodjockey

I'm telling everyone this as a courtesy. There are major issues with this MIFI device and I wouldn't waste your time waiting for a fix. Frankly I don't think they will fix it. If you can try to get your money back or change to a different device.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Where, thank you for sharing your concerns about the device. I understand how important it is to have a reliable internet connection. You are correct, the last software update was made to address these issues with going dormant and losing connection. Please make sure you have the most recent version. Also, I see from another post that you have already had the device replaced twice for this issue. Our next step would be a trouble ticket sent to our network team. Have you had a ticket submitted for this issue before? If not, please send me a PM with your name & the mobile number for your device. 

0 Likes
jlthorpe

I applied the newest update today and it didn't do a thing to fix the problem.

0 Likes
where

Yes I have had several tickets sent to the network team.  Nothing useful has ever come of it.

MarquiaF_VZW wrote:

Where, thank you for sharing your concerns about the device. I understand how important it is to have a reliable internet connection. You are correct, the last software update was made to address these issues with going dormant and losing connection. Please make sure you have the most recent version. Also, I see from another post that you have already had the device replaced twice for this issue. Our next step would be a trouble ticket sent to our network team. Have you had a ticket submitted for this issue before? If not, please send me a PM with your name & the mobile number for your device. 

0 Likes
PebbleBill

Bought the new MiFi. Have 4 bars here in Mountain View. The screen is showing 'connected dormant' and has been all day. This is completely useless. Have to do a presentation here and it looks like Verizon has deep sixed me once again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy the service on your Mifi! This is a great option for productivity on the go! Are you still having difficulties? Where are you located? What make and model is the Mifi?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
markdavid

I slect the4 Txt  message tab,  this usually bring it out of dormant.  I have  constant dropping that I can't fix.  Good luck

0 Likes
vzhater
Enthusiast - Level 2

Pebblebill, if you are still within the 14 days return the device, if you need a dependable connection "4G/LTE" is not for you.  It's fast when it works but if you truly depend on a reliable connection it's garbage.

The others that mention a problem with dormant/disconnects that is the nature of Verizon LTE, it's been happening since December 2010 launch date and as stated above it will probably continue happening for foreseeble future.

0 Likes