Re: 5GB Limit. Really?
Not applicable

Verizon has a finite amount of available bandwidth.  They have to decide is it in their best interest to spread this over more customers at 5 GB per customer or less customers at something more than 5 GB.  I suppose if they were only in the business of selling broadband for computers, it would actually be more efficient for them to have less customers.  For instance, they could have 1/2 as many customers and charge us all $120 for 10 GB.  However, since they also sell telephone service, they have to decide how to best use all of their capacity for all of their products to maximize their profits.  Unless you work for them and understand their business plans, you can't understand their reasoning.  That's why, as customers, we simply have to decide if we like the product or not.  If not, go somewhere else.

0 Likes
yeeheecom

I have only one thing to say Road Runner 4G Mobile broadband and it is only $34.95 a month for unlimited bandwidth.  Why can't verizon do this? Its like most companies these days, GREED. It will eventually be there downfall.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
It's because Road Runner has more bandwidth than Verizon, and since it's home service, they allocate bandwidth regionally, not nationally. Verizon has only so much bandwidth for the entire country, and because it's mobile, it costs more to maintain. This why you can get home phone service for $30 unlimited, but wireless plans cost more for a limited plan.
0 Likes
Not applicable

You should switch to Road Runner then.

0 Likes
yeeheecom

"It's because Road Runner has more bandwidth than Verizon, and since it's home service, they allocate bandwidth regionally, not nationally. Verizon has only so much bandwidth for the entire country, and because it's mobile, it costs more to maintain. This why you can get home phone service for $30 unlimited, but wireless plans cost more for a limited plan."

{please keep your posts courteous} Road Runner has Mobile now and it is unlimited . You get a usb modem just like verizon offers and it is zooming fast. and it is only $34.95 a month.   More bandwidth than verizon. lol what a joke.  You don't have a clue what your talking about.

{edited}

0 Likes
yeeheecom

"You should switch to Road Runner then."

I did. and its great. {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

{No personal comments, please}

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't work for Verizon.  I'm just a very satisfied and loyal customer.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry, my mistake. I was unaware Road Runner offered that service. If it's as great as you say it is, then I'm happy you found an alternative that works for you. Upon doing some research as you so politely suggested, I found that Road Runner does not offer service in all areas, and their speeds vary from place to place. In fact, when comparing Verizon's map to Time Warner's, Verizon has a much larger coverage area. With Time Warner, you will need to sign a 2-year contract with an activation fee just like Verizon. Also, in order to be able to have Roadrunner mobile broadband, you must be subscribed to one of Time Warner's home services, and they DO NOT have service in all areas, as our rural friends will tell you. So, for where you can use it and IF you happen to have home service with them, Time Warner's mobile broadband seems like a good solution. Although, I like a larger coverage area, and once you factor in the cost of the home services, the cheaper Roadrunner rate suddenly seems to be rather expensive.... Thanks for telling me to do some research; I think I'll stay with Verizon. They're developing their own 4G network anyway.   {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Deamorei
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are some unlimited wireless broadband companies out there.  This http://datajack.com/ is just one of them. The American public is getting fed up with data providers cellular or non capping our usage. Again these wireless companies are soaking us for our money. Just look at there profits and earnings. Look at how they trap customers into outrageous 2 year contracts with extreme ETFs. It's really only a matter of time before Verizon gets a reality check that AT&T and Microsoft got a few years ago. I live in a HUGE county in Ohio and the population for the entire county is 45000+. The majority of this county is rural populations. Do you actually think that we aren't a targeted group nation wide? We are BIG targets. There is no competition for us to choose from regretfully.

We have the same desires and wants from broadband that city dwellers have access to. Our families deserve to have that same service. The tower I use is 3 miles from my house. I doubt the 4 houses per square mile which IM guessing less then 25% have mobile broadband in their homes is soaking the network for all its worth. Verizon in effect is limiting my access to the web. I can burn through 25mb of surfing in one hour with ease. In fact in one hour and 18 minutes me and the wife have used 35mb of data. We use our internet service just like we always have and we haven't downloaded squat in this hour and some change. More then likely we will exceed the 5GB cap this month since were off for the holidays.

I personally and going to cancel my service and pay the ETF when one of these other companies go unlimited data which will happen the near future. It's all about supply and demand. If you can't supply us with what we desire then another smart business will. Again wireless is the future of all things. Its ALOT cheaper then wired is all around. And Verizon didn't build a lot of these towers people try to use for justification in pricing. In my area they are leased towers owned by tower companies. Keep writing elected officials because some actually do listen and act. The more that complain the more actions that take place. Happy New Year with hopes of unlimited broadband for all.

0 Likes