ANOTHER NORMAL??? 3G CRAWL!!!!
z4alltel

:smileymad:  :smileysad:  :smileymad:

THIS IS WHAT A "NORMAL" VERIZON 3G BROADBAND EVENING IS FOR ME... EVERY WEEKDAY FROM ABOUT 8PM TO 11PM (and please don't think that there are not other failures and outages, because there are!!!)  right now, as i try to post here, i am running at about 5% of the real normal speed for 3g, and slower than modem dialup!!!!  this will go on for the next couple of hours... until enough VERIZON customers get off the 3g network... and the VERIZON super techs (HA!) spend the next day or so talking to angry folks all over the country!!!  I MIGHT EVEN BE ABLE TO EXPERIENCE A REAL NORMAL 3G HERE FROM ABOUT MIDNIGHT UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING, WHEN THE VERIZON NETWORK AGAIN FAILS TO DELIVER 3G BROADBAND... BUT ONLY FOR TWO OR THREE HOURS EVERY NIGHT!!!  RIGHT!!!

I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN FOR AT LEAST THE LAST SIX MONTHS OR SO... NOT GETTING BETTER, BUT WORSE!!!  if anyone on this community forum has tried to live with months, or even years, of VERIZON NETWORK AND RELATED FAILURES... i know what you are going through... spending big money for pitiful unstable quality with that famous VERIZON TRADEMARK PLASTERED ALL OVER IT!!!  HAVE YOU EVEN HEARD OF ONE PERSON EXPERIENCING VERIZON MAKING THINGS RIGHT??? I KNOW...

SIMPLE ANSWER... VERIZON CANNOT GIVE US THE QUALITY OF SERVICE AND PRODUCT THAT WE DESERVE FOR OUR MONEY... PERIOD!!!   HAVE A GREAT DAY, FOLKS!

:smileymad:  !!!

[edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Re: ANOTHER NORMAL??? 3G CRAWL!!!!
chinjing

hi i think my situation may be worse than yours,  i will regularly throughout the day have speeds of .05 mps.  that is so slow that sometimes web pages do not load and i can get 5 bars of evdo.  sometimes the speeds are a little better like .30 mps or at like 5 am they could be .50 mps.  i called tech support today because this is not even close to what is advertised, i think that only applies to metropolitan areas. 

0 Likes
Re: ANOTHER NORMAL??? 3G CRAWL!!!!
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, signal has degraded here in mhy city too. When I got my netbook last year I was getting around 1.8 Mbs down, 0.5 Mbs up, ping 150 ms or so. Now i'm getting 0.3 Mbs down, 0.3 Mbs up, ping times unchanged.  Verizon integrated some Altell towers around here also. I casually inquired about the speed degradations to a store csr when I went to pay my bill and he just shrugged and looked at me like a deer in headlights. I was thinking that since im on the cheap $40 plan (have plenty of wi-fi around) they might have throttled my speed to incentivise me to upgrade my plan to the $60 one, so these rants about slow speed at least show it isn't just me. Which is good to know I guess....

I'm guessing it's one of two things.

1 Reduced 3G capex for maintenance and optimization, due to expenditures on LTE buildouts. I'm thinking VZW is wanting to depreciate 3G as qquickly as they can to migrate everyone onto more lucrative tiered LTE plans which are forthcoming.

2 Network saturation and congestion during off-peak hours due to uptake and usage of smartphones (Droids). These things are consuming oodles of bandwidth, and are primarily used by kids teens and 20-somethings. Slingbox all day, download and stream all night, and of course, phone usage by an increasing customer base to which The Network haas been oversold to get those ARPU's up. What this all adds up to is bye bye 3G bandwidth. But when the telcos impose usage tiers and restrictions, or network management through traffic shaping and throttling, people scream. So when the network congests and degrades, people scream some more.

Will LTE alleviate some of this? Perhaps, but definitely at a price, a price that we the Verizzon customer base will dearly pay.

0 Likes