Almost been a month, problem not solved yet... My Concerns (My Usage not working correctly)
MaraKurohi

Context:
My boyfriend and I got the
Verizon Wireless Verizon Jetpack™ 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MiFi® 4510L Prepaid
sometime around 4-7th of August.

Prepaid Amount: 10 GBs for $90.

Problem:

The bytes under "My Usage" isn't uploading correctly. Ever since the day we got it, it shows to us 10/10 GB used. We hoped it would clear in time so we waited...

Context continued:
17 Aug 2012

I noticed the problem hasn't cleared up so I decided to search around for Verizon's callback number online.
I used the (800) 922-0204 phoneline for their customer service.
I pressed 1 to access their "technicians".

1st Technician Guy: 17 Aug 2012 (Fri)
He tried to have me disconnect my account then reconnect it. Didn't work.
The problem still occurred.
He told me he sent a ticket in their system to be processed WITHIN 72 business days.
He told me we USED up only 2.5GBs.

2nd guy: 21 Aug 2012 (Tues)
3rd business day. Nothing has cleared. I called again.

After a painstaken HOUR, he told me we used up all our GBs in one whole weekend somehow....
He told me do to the same tactics the 1st guy did, despite that I told him that I've already tried them.
Then he told me that there was pretty much nothing he could do.
NOTHING.
We were forced to buy 10 GBs more, that's $90 more dollars.

3rd guy: 22 Aug 2012 (Wed)
Disappointed by my previous "helper" I still called again.

This time he said he'd file a report straight to their top technicians.
He apologized for how long this problem took and shouldn't have taken this long.
I left a callback number and he told me that I'd receive a call sometime this week or early next week.

NO call received.
Early That Next week, we couldn't access our account and it said we already depleted 10 GBs worth ALREADY again.
We rarely download ANYthing. I checked their Byte Calculator and with everything we use and do, it should sum up to a little under 10 GBs per month.
He tried to pay $90 again but they wouldn't let him.
Apparently you can only pay twice per month.

Theories:
I have reason to believe likely they tried to fix the problem by completely resetting the card, and therefore showing we have no plan on it or we used it up already. I want this cleared up to we can be able to access how much we've used and act accordingly. But it feels like we're constantly handing them $90 for a task that hasn't been fulfilled yet. I want our GBs to deplete normally, not from them resetting it.

It's been about a month and I'm unsure what to do. It's been clear to me how they don't value customer service.

Ideas please? Greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes
Re: Almost been a month, problem not solved yet... My Concerns
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MaraKurohi,

I want to start with My goodness! I truly regret that you don't feel valued, that the issue still isnt' fixed, and over all our promises haven't been kept.  This is no where near the way we want you to feel as a customer, nor the way we hold ourselves as a company.

I would love to provide some tips and tricks for data access. 

- Ensure you close out of your web browser when you are done browsing. Sites such as Facebook or News sites refresh constantly and will use your data. Some sites have repeating advertisements on their page, that will also use data.

- Turn off or disable any automatic updates for programs on your computer.  You can manually tell them when to update so you know exactly what is happening.

- Disconnect the connection between the hotspot and the computer or power down the hotspot when not in use.

I would personally offer further steps, but as it's Prepaid our Prepaid Technicians would have to be re-involved.  This is the last thing I want to say as I truly want this to be said and done for you.  Please contact our Prepaid by dialing: 888-294-6804

Please keep us updated to your resolution!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Almost been a month, problem not solved yet... My Concerns (My Usage not working correctly)
MaraKurohi

Thank you MelissaM_VZW

But my MAIN CONCERN is : My Usage is NOT updating correctly on My Verizon. And it has been since Day 1, 3rd or 4th of August 2012.

0 Likes
Re: Almost been a month, problem not solved yet... My Concerns (My Usage not working correctly)
MaraKurohi

Oh, furthermore, I've contacted your technicians about 3 times. 2 of which said they've sent out tickets and 1 said they are unable to do anything at all. My boyfriend called once himself and they, too, said they filed some ticket to get our "My Usage" cleared up.

0 Likes
MaraKurohi

I'm sorry but did you guys try to "fix" the "My Usage" problem again? We used my credit card instead of my boyfriend's this time. 2 days ago we got your "10 GB deal" again for the 3rd time this month. It is VERY inconceivable to imagine that we USED 10 GBs in 2 days without downloading ANYthing. You're telling me we spent $90 in 2 days? Ridiculous. Are your technicians even working together on this or not? If one technician finds this, one at a time, and they haven't talked to each other on what methods they've tried then likely each one will continue to try the same "easy" method and our card will keep depleting randomly on it's own. I'd appreciate it, for the SIXTH time, that a group of technicians deal with this. It's been over a month--now a month and a half. Yes, I KNOW not to keep refreshing sites on all the time. That DOES NOT fix why "My Usage" isn't updating properly.

Thank you for YOUR time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want to look into the tickets we have filed to see why this continues to happen. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes