Pegleg

Any point in switching to a newer one?

Tx,

Pegleg

0 Likes
Re: Better USB Modem Than UM150VW
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
I would go with the 727 or higher.  Also consider the MiFi, it's very portable, allows you to use up to five devices seamlessly, and will put less pressure on the ports on your computer.  I previously used the UM150 and 175.  In my opinion the MiFi works extremely well and has had little issues to deal with. 
0 Likes
Pegleg

Thanks for your response.

I understand the benefits being promoted for the MiFi but what are the benefits of going with a 727 or higher?  Can't be any faster since that is network dependent.  More reliable? Better sensitivity?

I am actually considering a Cradlepoint router to use with the USB modem, since the battery powered option of the MiFi is not a consideration, in my RV.

Pegleg

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

I would read up on the 727 and higher.  They seem to have better reviews then the 150 & 720 model.  I'm not sure about the issue with the MiFi since you can use it as a stand alone modem or have it plugged into your computer via the USB.  It could be charged using the USB port on your computer or in a wall outlet.  Not sure what is available in an RV.

0 Likes