Blinking red is sys and magenta gps on network extender
Alesiagr

So my network extender was working fine a few weeks ago but now I have 1 bar and a blinking red sys and magenta gps. This is really bad because we get no cell service up here without it. Tried the power off and on routine with no luck. Any suggestions? I am in the 91390 area and need this for my work...

0 Likes
Re: Blinking red is sys and magenta gps on network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alesiagr,

Help is here! We will get it working again. No official issues reported in that zip code so lets do some trouble shooting. Do you have any computers using the same internet network that the extender uses? If so, please run a speed test, www.speedtest.net , and let us know your internet speeds. This device relies on internet to work so if it's running slow it could affect the performance of the extender.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Caddisbug
Enthusiast - Level 1

hi,

I am having the same problem.  My network extende is brand new.  My zip code is 49316.  My tests for Internet speed are as follows: 52.18 Mbps download, 5 mbps upload.  I have tried the GPS with and without the extender.  It is located by a window.  I even extended the GPS extenders outside of the window and into the front yard under clear view of the sky and it made no difference. Solid magenta GPS and flashing red SYS remain.  I have never successfully connected this.

I have read the forums and troubleshooted accordingly... Restarting, unplugging, even moving it to a different location in the house.  Nothing has worked. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caddisbug,

I am sorry to hear of your Network Extender issues. Let's keep working on this. Here is a link to match your issues http://vz.to/1Bqlzf4. This will also provide you the options of how to resolve this.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes