Bought Netbook, No Restore Disc??
tjeacret
I bought a Netbook for my wife to use. She loves it! The problem I found as soon as I took it out of the box is I don't see a system restore disc anywhere! I don't see a recovery partition on the hard drive either. How do you do a clean reinstall of the OS with no system recovery disc??
0 Likes
Re: Bought Netbook, No Restore Disc??
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
No CD-ROM drive so I would think you would have to send the netbook to HP if you are having as major a problem as reinstalling/restoring your OS.  Maybe someone who uses this item or are more tech savvy can tell us if you can create a restore point on the netbook.  I am going to purchase one of these w/in the next couple of months.  I would highly suggest backing up your information on an external hard drive, just in case you have a problem with the OS failing.
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

I read some information regarding the netbooks and this is the only thing that I have come up with.  Copy your data files to a USB storage device or to a network drive, make note of any customized settings that you have.  Help me out tech guru's.  At that point you should be able to create a restore disc from a computer that can burn CD's/DVD's.  If you have to restore the information to your netbook, use an external optical drive and when you boot up, boot from the external USB device.

Hopefully someone else will post to this thread and give some more insight or "yes" or "no" on the information provided.

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1
It likely DOES have a recovery partition.  It simply may be hidden.  Google how to see a hidden partition.
0 Likes
druiz287

Usually the HP/Compaq computers have a section on the hard drive with a system recovery. 

Google will be the answer.   :smileywink:

0 Likes
BBgirl09
Contributor - Level 1

I am pretty sure the Mini has a backup/recovery partition.  It comes with BackOnTrack software preinstalled, which I think it supposed to be a system recovery tool.  I haven't tried to use it yet.  Here's the info about the software:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/backontrack/standard/overview.html

You can look at the Help in the program also.

0 Likes
junglejim300
go to hp homepae and go to software/downloads section.they will mail you a resore c\d for free and they even pay shipping
0 Likes