Bring back Unlimmited plan
frostedrip

seriously verizon bring bck the unlimmed plan the usage limmit is so horrid i would like to do more things on the internet but i cant cause the oonly other service is satalight and i cannot use that for online gaming which blows.

0 Likes
Re: Bring back Unlimmited plan
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion! I will be sure to pass this along to the product manager. Keep in mind you can sign up to receive email updates to receive exclusive online offers, promotions and the latest information on products and services. 

Click here to sign up https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

0 Likes
leighmarker
Enthusiast - Level 3

how can verizon offer (or supposed to be offering) unlimited data with the iphone, but I cant get it with my mifi?  I think that is crazy.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Because Verizon offers unlimited data with all their Smartphones but none of their computer connection devices. Computer users chew up much more data than someone using a phone.
0 Likes
podstolom
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't need unlimited, but fair value for dollar would be nice, and $40/250 meg on a notebook broadband plan is definitely not it. Neither is $15/150 Meg on a phone. Along with a $20 surcharge for a mere 2 Gig of tethering with a proposterous overage charge of $20/gig. When I had it on my old Moto Q it was only $15/5Gig. Verizon has been notorious for offering extremely poor value for dollar options, and these current broadband and smartphone data plans are definitely no exception. I shudder to think what the new LTE smartphone data plans will look like.

These plans do, however, create windfall ROI with fat dividends for investors, high ARPU, and high profit margins, which is actually the point of low-value, high-dollar pricing models.

To add insult to injury, Verizon also has discriminatory device pricing, offering markedly better tablet data plan options which incidentally INCLUDE tethering/wifi-hotspot. Palm Pre also is given wifi hotspot options at no extra cost, but Android Blackberry and Windows Mobile are charged Extra for this "feature". Will the iPhone be charged extra for hotspot feature too? Time will tell on that.

Oh, and now reports indicate the $15/150 Meg smartphone plan is going away soon. Will better value for dollar appear in it's place? Knowing Verizon, I wouldn't count on it but we can hope.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I guess "value" is in the eye of the beholder. Unlimited smartphone data for $29.99 is a good value in my mind. A 5 GB data plan for your computer for $50 is not bad, although I wish it was unlimited. As far as "device descrimination," that's their perogative as a business. They can charge anything they want for any device. Don't buy it if it doesn't meet your needs.
0 Likes
leighmarker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not trying to be sarcastic, actually I am curious-explain please how its less usage for me to steam netflix on my smartphone vs. mifi (laptop).

0 Likes
Not applicable
I think the point is less people are probably going to sit and watch a movie on their smartphone than would watch on their laptop. I know that's true for me. I watch movies frequently on my computer, but have never watched one on my Droid. I use Charter cable to stream movies, not Verizon broadband.
0 Likes
leighmarker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish we had the option to watch on laptop/tv (netflicks) however, living in rual TX there is no tother option besides verizion.  We do not have Comcast, Road Runner, Time Warner etc. available.  I guess I should feel fortunate I can use the mifi.

0 Likes
Not applicable
One of the trade-off's you make when you choose to live in a rural area versus city or suburbs.
0 Likes