Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Broadband is not working
hetchick

I need some help. My computer is saying that the sim card and the device for my broadband is not found. I haven't deleted anything and was working just fine when I shutdown my computer yesterday. I went to system restore and restored my system, but that did not work. What do I do?

0 Likes
Re: Broadband is not working
John_Getzke
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your computer shouldn't have to detect a SIM card for any reason.  Which device are we talking about here?  What is the OS of your computer?

My first suggestion is to call it into VZW as a bad SIM card.  They can ship you a new one for free.

That or bring it into a VZW store.  Most have spare SIM cards in stock that they can configure and activate for you.  They could also try to confirm that its a SIM card problem by popping in one that they know works.  If your MiFi still doesn't work with a good SIM card then the device is faulty and should be replaced.

0 Likes