Can I use my existing air card/verizon account with a new netbook? Please help :)
tradernick

I want to buy a netbook.  I already am under contract with verizon and have a white air card that I use to access the internet.  I have the software loaded on different computers so I just take the card with me and use it with whatever computer I'm working on that day.  With any new machine that I buy I want to install the software but it's on cd and netbooks don't have cd drives.  External drives are a possibility but would need drivers downloaded before they can be used, so that idea won't work either.

I stopped at a verizon store and asked but was told that I cannot use my existing account with verizon, that I would have to begin a separate new contract and pay a seperate monthly fee if I purchased a new netbook. 

Then Best Buy tells me sure it can be done and their geek squad can set it up for me (for a nominal fee) so that the new netbook will access the internet through my existing account...they just need the card to make sure they download the correct software. 

But I don't trust best buy and think they'd say anything to make a sale.  Granted I've gotten bad info from Verizon repeatedly as well, though.  So.  Lil help?  I'd appreciate thoughts and ideas.

Nick

0 Likes
Re: Can I use my existing air card/verizon account with a new netbook? Please help :)
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

Yes and you can do it one of several ways:

1)  Buy a netbook with an embedded card and do an ESN change on your account.  This option may cost you more depending on whether or not you are still under contract with your current device.

2) Buy a netbook that doesn't have an embedded card, download VZAccess Manager from www.vzam.net and use your current device on the netbook. 

0 Likes