Can't access user interface because I can't connect first
jmackwoods

I have a new mifi 4510L that has been activated at the store but I cannot connect with my laptop. it is running XP Pro and I saw on line that I may need to downgrade the security from wpa2-AES to wpa-tkip BUT I cannot connect in order to get to the interface - PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Can't access user interface because I can't connect first
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

jmackwoods wrote:

I have a new mifi 4510L that has been activated at the store but I cannot connect with my laptop. it is running XP Pro and I saw on line that I may need to downgrade the security from wpa2-AES to wpa-tkip BUT I cannot connect in order to get to the interface - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi Jmackwoods,

Were you able to connect to your laptop with your MiFi 4510L device? If not, does your laptop detect your MiFi 4510L device?Your MiFi 4510L device needs to be detected from your laptop when you are next to it being similar to a WiFi connection.  After detection, access the Hotspot Admin Tool going into the security settings in making adjusts from wpa2-AES to wpa-tkipvia. The Hotspot Admin Tool can be accessed via the IP Address of 192.168.1.1 on your laptop browser or on another computer. If you continue to experience connections issues, please send me a private message with your information, number where you could be reached for additional assistance.   

0 Likes