Can't keep broadband wireless connected...
Me1717

I have a broadband wireless express card (Novatel Merlin CDMA EV-DO Modem) on my laptop, and I have my laptop with me at work, on the road.  I basically have to drive up to a Verizon cell tower to connect, and as soon as I am about a mile down the road, I lose the connection. This all seems to have started about 6 months ago, when the VZ AccessManager program auto-updated itself. Ever since then, I have had this problem, and it just seems to be getting worse all the the time. It is now to the point where I am considering just switching to another wireless provider, because I can't seem to get any satisfaction through Verizon. I am definitely not getting the service that I am paying for. It used to work fine, but ever since this update, my signal quality just stinks. If anyone has any ideas or possible remedies, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't keep broadband wireless connected...
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

First attempt to do a PRL update it could be your PRL is out of wack

Open up VZACCESS Manager and go to OPTIONS>ACTIVATION and wait patiently for 2 minutes,  Then see what happens.

If your still experiencing issues you can try another modem if your out of contract.

If not I would Recommend purchasing your device without a contract and pay $49.99 a month for your service instead of the $59.99 you pay now.

You can get your data card and service from http://3gstore.com/lease  

Another Carrier you might want to consider if your having issues with your signal is Sprint or even AT&T

0 Likes