Can you connect a usb "air card" to a wireless g router?
andreah

I'm on the phone with support and they are telling me no.  I posted a question yesterday about hooking on up as I had bought one from VZW but have no idea how to do it, even with directions.  Can you help?  I use the umw190 and hook that into my desktop (it has to be hooked up to an external antenna to work which is why I don't have the mifi) and want to also be able to use my netbook, hence the reason I got the rounter.  The router I bought is a cheapie on the vzw website, think the number is 7501.  THANKS!

0 Likes
Re: Can you connect a usb "air card" to a wireless g router?
Not applicable
You need a Cradle Point router. As we speak, I'm connected to my Cradle Point CTR350 with a Verizon USB760 wireless card. I got my router at: http://moremobileinternet.com
0 Likes
andreah

Yeah, after hours searching on the web I have found that even though VZW advertises that it can be used as a router for 3G, it CAN NOT.  I am SO ticked that I now have to send the dumb thing back, etc.  What a waste of my time.  I will definately be getting a cradlepoint as soon as I can save up a few bucks!  Ugh.

0 Likes
jamanzak

I use my Verizon Wireless UMW190 with 3G router. AntennaGear.net Is where I got it. It also has N Wireless with extends my wireless range in my home. 3G Wireless Router for Verizon UMW190

0 Likes