Can you use a smart phone as a WiFi card for your PC?
Paynetrayne16

Is there anyway that you can use a smartphone for WiFi for my laptop instead of a WiFi card? id rather pay only 30 dollars a month for unlimited access instead of 60 for limited.

0 Likes
Re: Can you use a smart phone as a WiFi card for your PC?
Paynetrayne16

or am i just dumb?

0 Likes
Not applicable
It's called tethering. Verizon has phones and plans for tethering.
0 Likes
Paynetrayne16

Awesome! thank you. what exactly is tethering? does it cost extra?

0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes, it cost extra. You plug your cellphone into your laptop. The plans are listed above under "Plans."
0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

We offer Mobile Broadband Connect/3G Hotspot. Mobile Broadband Connect provides Mobile Broadband service using an enabled BlackBerry, Smartphone, or device as a modem. This feature is $20 for 2GB.

Here is a link for additional information http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=plans

You can also view this link for additional information on this feature. Click HERE

0 Likes
prm414

As a former Alltel customer, I think it is a down right SHAME verizon is charging extra to use mobilebroad band.  This was FREE to alltel customers.  Like a fool, I listened to Verizon Customer Rep and asked if this serice was included and was told yes.  Today, I found out there is an additional charge of $20.00.  I will be saying goodbye to Verizon after  my contracts expire (maybe even before)!!

0 Likes