Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot activate Wireless Home Connect
Candlestick

This device is intended to replace landlines. It connects to the wireless voice network and provides a dial tone to normal landline telephones. Problem is, there is no way to activate it. Device requires entering *228 [send] but landline phones have no [send] button. Called tech support--unable for them to activate it. Suggestion was to connect a landline with a remote phone that has a send button. SInce I have none of those will likely have to return it.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate Wireless Home Connect
Not applicable
Never mind...
0 Likes
Candlestick

Tried tech support again. Issue is being caused by insufficient signal strength. A send button is not required on the home phone to activate. Returning device--but it's a heck of an idea!

0 Likes
Not applicable
I bought a mobile phone docking station from www.phonelabs.com I connect my old RAZR via bluetooth and have live phones on all my in-house extensions for $10 per month. Actually it's $13 per month after taxes and fees. It even works if some or all of your in-house phones are cordless phones.
0 Likes