Change subnet on HBR device
LuckyLoveTL

Greetings,

An employee of mine just purchased a HBR modem/router (DMS-CTC-20110909-0007 v2.0).  She has her computers and her Direct TV attached to this device.  I need to change the subnet on this device.  The router's private IP address is 192.168.1.1  .  I would like to change it to 192.168.2.1  .  This would allow her to VPN on to our work network.  I have only looked at the manual. I have attached an image where I thought you may need to navigate on the router's GUI.  However, I don't see an edit/change link for the "Destination" and "Gateway" for the Home/Office network.  I have searched some other threads, and I haven't found any  solutions.  Has anyone had any luck? I have never had an issue changing the Gateway's IP address on a Netgear or Linksys router.... My only idea at this time would be to attach her old router to the HBR.

Thanks!

change ip.png

0 Likes
Re: Change subnet on HBR device
LuckyLoveTL

I spoke with a technician from Verizon yesterday.  She said that I navigated to the correct sport.  Unfortunately, the routing page didn't have any of the connections listed.  It just had "New Route" listed and the "Routing Protocols" underneath.  That seems pretty bizarre..  If anyone has any ideas please share.  If I come up with a resolution, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks!

0 Likes
LuckyLoveTL

Has anyone successfully changed the subnet on this device?  If so, could you provide instructions?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LuckyLoveTL,  I apologize for the delayed response.  It appears that the router is for Verizon residential or business services, correct?  We are able to support Verizon Wireless cell phone and Mobile Broadband products.  I would suggest visiting http://community.verizon.com for further assistance. 

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport 

0 Likes
LuckyLoveTL

Sorry,

I thought I was in the right place, when I found this post.:
https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/775461

I'll post in the other forum.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The thread you referenced was for HomeFusion which is a wireless product offered by Verizon Wireless. Is that what you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LuckyLoveTL

Ann,

Yes, that is correct.  I have been unable to change the subnet on this device.  The tech that I spoke with navigated me to where she thought I needed to go.  (What I have posted above.)  I can see my network (home\office), when I click the action icon, it gives me the option to change my DHCP settings.  However, the subnet id is dimmed out.  (Please see attached image.)

Thanks

router settings.PNG

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since it is the HomeFusion product, I would suggest staying with this forum. Hopefully someone else might have a suggestion for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wb4alm

I don't beleive you can - at least I was not able to discover a way to do it.  So what I did was assign a static address to my linksys router, and then tell linksys that the Verizon router was the Internet gateway and the dns server. (The static address was required for me, as I needed to forward a couple of incoming special ports - you might not need to.)

my linksys router controls my semi-elaborate sub-net and it issues dhcp addresses for my computing devices in the "private" sub-net.  Stuff like Directv, blueray gets their dynamic address from the verzion subnet (192.168.1.yyy) address wirelessly. (This keeps their traffic off of my internal network)  Most of my personal computing devices are assigned static addresses in my "private" subnet (192.168.xxx.yyy), but I do have a few wireless devices so but routers are running separate wireless nets on different channels.

I have both firewalls enabled and the few inbound special ports that I needed are port forwarded by Verizon's router to my Linksys router, where they are then port forwarded a second time to the specific static address in my "private" subnet.

I do not run VPN so I do not know what the network load might be -- You may have to watch it to avoid using all of your monthly bandwidth allowance.

0 Likes