Changing Fivespot password
Lisa13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got the Fivespot and got it working on my netbooks.

How do I change the password that came with the device? Since the password is on the device itself I would think that would be a safety issue if it was lost or stolen.

I tried going to 192.168.0.1 and loging in with admin/admin as the instructions that came with the device said, but it wouldn't recongize the password that came with the device when I tried to change it.

Maybe this is not how it is changed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing Fivespot password
Lisa13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually this is not what I was looking for. This changes your password to access your account. I was looking to change the password to connect to your WiFi/Hotspot. The password is a long number on the back of the device and I wanted to change that as I was told I could change it when I bought it.

I figured out how to change that password if anyone is interested. You can change the password for the device by logging into your account and choosing WiFi Settings > Security and change the password there.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dave22

You may have to contact the mfg for that and I am not sure how help you'll be provided with.

0 Likes
dave22

Lisa13 wrote:

I just got the Fivespot and got it working on my netbooks.

How do I change the password that came with the device? Since the password is on the device itself I would think that would be a safety issue if it was lost or stolen.

I tried going to 192.168.0.1 and loging in with admin/admin as the instructions that came with the device said, but it wouldn't recongize the password that came with the device when I tried to change it.

Maybe this is not how it is changed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

You may have to contact the mfg for that and I am not sure how help you'll be provided with.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you dave22 for your reply.  Lisa13, please follow these steps in order to change your Fivespot password:

1) Go to the Verizon Wireless Fivespot home page.  Make sure the device is in Wi-Fi Mode. Launch a web browser then go

to 192.168.0.1. 

2) Enter your Username and Password then Login

3) Go to Basic Setup 

4) From the Password section enter the following information: Current Password, New Password, Verify Password.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Lisa13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually this is not what I was looking for. This changes your password to access your account. I was looking to change the password to connect to your WiFi/Hotspot. The password is a long number on the back of the device and I wanted to change that as I was told I could change it when I bought it.

I figured out how to change that password if anyone is interested. You can change the password for the device by logging into your account and choosing WiFi Settings > Security and change the password there.

Thanks!

0 Likes