Changing NAT from Strict to Moderate/Open on Xbox
kaizus

I recently hooked up a Jetpack 890L. It works just fine but when I use it to play Xbox Live, it states that I have a Strict connection. I have heard there are ways to change it to at least Moderate via portforwarding but I did not succeed...If I could get any assistance, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Changing NAT from Strict to Moderate/Open on Xbox
bigbadmamajama1

i am also having this same issue, I tried to change the ports but I dont know if Im doing it right? what do you put into the private number box by the IP address? The Port Number used?  I think lots of people are having this problem so If these guys could address it that would be GREAT!!!

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

I got it working for me... First make sure your friends your trying to play with on xbox live Nats are open because if not you still want be able to play with them. They can change it by following this step. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/nat-type-strict#725da014f69c4d8e99a5c561d0b7b6b0. I want you to just try this first then get back to me. Go to the little round connection symbol on your device. 1st one to the right and activate WPS.... From therre immediatly try to get onto xbox live ( I think this opens it). If this doesnt work reply and I will give you what I did step by step.

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

I also read that if your using 4G LTE you will need a static Ip address,

0 Likes
Changing NAT from Strict to Moderate/Open on Xbox
kaizus

I've tried those things on that link, bigbad. I'm not sure if I'm missing a step, but it is still set to Strict...

How do you give yourself a static IP address? I'm usually tech-savvy, but for some reason, I can't find out anything about this and it's kind of frustrating. :S

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

Well I use a ethernet cord from my xbox 360 to my computer and share the connection, control Panel to Network and Internet to Network and settings then to adapter settings then right click on your wirless network your connected to and click on to share connections, also you have to disable any firewall you have on your computer..... From there try to connect but dont forget you have to start WPS on your router then immediatly try... If that doesnt work do what that xbox forum says then try the same way... This should work because it opened my NAT and I have an 890L, I was frustrated too but I figured it out.   This process worked for me, so if it isnt working for you then you are not doing somthing right

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

also dont forget that in your router settings the private port is the port your trying to open, so say if your trying to open port 80 add in also in the private part of the IP address your entering and in the Port block... This was also somthing I didnt know

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

Solution 4 Method 2 is what you might have to do on the forum... This is the solution I did

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

This can not be done bridgeing the connetions you have to share it instead

0 Likes
bigbadmamajama1

No I never gave my self one

0 Likes