Check prepaid 4510L Mifi device from outside US
dg163
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased prepaid 4510L Mifi device in May 2013 when travelling in US for 2 months.  I'm travelling to US again in Nov 2014 from UK and want to know if this devise still works.  How do I check from UK before I depart?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Check prepaid 4510L Mifi device from outside US
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That's odd.  VZW should have some kind of international support area that can work with you to get it configured.  You may have to wait until you get back to the US before you can complete the registration process.  Perhaps it is only that way for the prepaid devices.

As long as the device powers up and broadcasts is WiFi network you should be fine.  The rest lies with activating the SIM card which will need to go through VZW.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If you can reactivate the device and its SIM card then it will work.  Contact VZW to get yourself setup and you will be good to go.

dg163
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can charge the device and it holds power.  No network coverage outside of US to test SIM.

0 Likes
dg163
Enthusiast - Level 2

Already tried to contact VZW and the device needs network coverage to proceed through registration process.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

That's odd.  VZW should have some kind of international support area that can work with you to get it configured.  You may have to wait until you get back to the US before you can complete the registration process.  Perhaps it is only that way for the prepaid devices.

As long as the device powers up and broadcasts is WiFi network you should be fine.  The rest lies with activating the SIM card which will need to go through VZW.

dg163
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZW 'contact us' option from outside US for non registered people is snail mail.  Will take a chance it works upon arrival in US.  thanks.

0 Likes