Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Compatible Wireless USB Adapter & 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
DaleK49

Hi

Just upgraded to the Verizon Jetpack Mobile Hotspot Model #890L. Works just fine with our laptop but our desktop won't connect. I am using a

Netgear Wireless - N 300 USB Adapter on the desktop. When I key in the password numbers from the jetpack it shows that it is connected but

when I try to open my web browser I get the "no internet service" . I have tried everything, rebooting the computer, taking the usb adapter out ,

can't think of anything except maybe the adapter and the jetpack are not compatible.

help

0 Likes
Re: Compatible Wireless USB Adapter & 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
Kayto

I am having what sounds like the same problem.  Very frustrating.  Maybe someone has an answer???

0 Likes
Re: Compatible Wireless USB Adapter & 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
John_Getzke
Super User
Super User

Try lowering your JetPacks wireless signal from B+G+N down to B+G.  In the case of incompatible adapters going to lower versions tends to be more stable and supported.

You should be able to find this option under the wireless menu of the device.  Enter the IP Address into the browser of your laptop, make the change and test it out on your desktop.  If that doesnt work you might want to consider a firmware update or a different USB wireless adapter.

0 Likes