Conflict between ISP IP and wireless router
HDShinn

Hope I'm in the right place to ask this question.

I'm attempting to replace my current hardwired LAN router with an Asus wireless router. The problem is when the wireless router is enabled and connected, it assigns a dynamic IP address to the computer being used to access the Internet through my Verizon account. (UML290 wireless modem). Using the existing LAN all machines on the network have static IP addresses that work without a problem with respect to the UML290. But when the wireless router is enabled I can't connect to my POP3 mail or SMTP mail servers. Logon is denied by my mail service.

Is it possible to configure my home wireless router in such a way to avoid this conflict?

Each of the network computers are using USB PC adapters to access the wireless router.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Likes
Re: Conflict between ISP IP and wireless router
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this for a Verizon Wireless broadband Internet connection or Verizon landline services? If for landline services, then you should ask your question at the Verizon Residential forum. http://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Conflict between ISP IP and wireless router
HDShinn

This is reference to a UML290 wireless modem, air card or whatever/however it's called. My 4G Internet service is over a wireless connection. I'm assuming Verizon assigns a dynamic IP at log on. It doesn't seem to matter if I log on to Verizon then enable my wireless router at which time it also assigns an IP address, or log on to my Verizon account while the wireless router is enabled. Either way my mail service will not recognize my computer.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes