Connecting USB727 modem to a router
Atap123

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure how to do this.  I believe that I have found the correct router that is compatible with this 

modem, it's a Netgear MBR624GU.  My question is do I have to upgrade my 5GB plan to something else or

will my current personal plan be able to support the router?

Also, one other question, are these modems compatible with the old Linksys routers like the 54G series?  Just 

curious if there was a way to broadcast signal through a main computer, hooking the router to the main computer's

ethernet port to one of the four ethernet ports on the back of the router.  Don't know if that made sense or not.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

sharon 

0 Likes
Re: Connecting USB727 modem to a router
askmeanything
you wouldnt have to change your plan bc there is not much that you can actually go up from the 5gb plan you will just want to watch your usage so you dont have to worry about going over and just keep in mind that it is .25 cents a mb that you go over the 5gb... now about ur second question I am not sure sorry I do not have that answer...
0 Likes
Atap123
Thanks for the help!  Still curious about the router thing if anyone has any input. :smileysurprised:)
0 Likes
AlexSian
Contributor - Level 1

sharon, you can use the old linksys router, if you want to mess with "internet connection sharing" (ICS) but its not for faint of heart.

the netgear is not that great a 3G/cellular router. check this out: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=74708

if i were you, i'd be looking for information on the cradlepoint mbr1000

0 Likes