Connection problems with LG VL600 4G Broadband Device
scottcp36
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past few weeks, once or twice a week at least, I've been having the following problem with my LG VL600 device.  I may be connected for part of the day with no problem, and then all of a sudden my connection stops working.  If I unplug the device, close the VZ Access Manager software, then reinsert the device and reopen the software, the 4G seems to connect, but shows only transmitted data (TX), and ZERO received data (RX).  I get a valid IP address, but cannot ping the default gateway.  The first time I called support, the tech was able to reset something on their end, and it started working again.  The 2nd time, they sent me into the Verizon store to get a new SIM card, but when I got there, the connection was working again.

When the issue occurs, I also receive an error message when the VZAccess Manager software tries to check my usage:

"Your usage request did not complete.  Please try again later.  Error WMC1003"

I should also mention that I'm seeing 2-3 bars typically of 4G service, and I'm in downtown Brooklyn, NY.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Connection problems with LG VL600 4G Broadband Device
bcorazza

I am also seeing similar issues.  I notice now when the device downgrades from 4G to 3G the only way it will upgrade back to 4G is by unplugging it and restarting everything.  It never use to do this but have noticed the last two months it does this constantly.  Any fixes out there?  Accordingly to the access manager I'm using the latest version and firmware is the latest as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello scotcp36 and bcorazza, 

Let's make sure you are consistently receiving the reliable connection you should expect out of a Verizon Wireless device!  Can you both confirm your device firmware version and the version of VZ Access Manager?  Does it seem like this happens at a certain time of day or while in a certain location?  I apologize it has taken me so long to reach out but I would love to continue troubleshooting to find a solution!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Connection problems with LG VL600 4G Broadband Device
scottcp36
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi YaleK_VZW,

I am using version 7.7.1.9 (2750b) of the VZAM, which appears to be the newest version.

The firmware of the USB device is VL600ZV8 - HW version revision 1.1

I have not noticed whether the problem is during a certain time of the day, although it is usually during business hours (9am-5pm EST) that I see problems, because that's the only time I really use it.  The problems typically occur at 15 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY. 

Yesterday I had the same problem again.   Interestingly, I also just received a Samsung Galaxy SIII the other day and was having the same exact problem with that device, in the same location (Brooklyn).  When I called support, I was told there were a few tickets opened and one would be opened for me, though i never received any confirmation one was actually opened.  This is really becoming a problem for me, since I depend on this service in order to do my job.  You would think in New York City, service wouldn't be such a problem Smiley Happy

0 Likes
bcorazza

While I was on the latest firmware, I just switched to the latest MIFI 4620 this week and haven't noticed any of the same issues of the VL600 and the device goes from 4G to 3G and back to 4G without a hitch.  So for me I fixed my issue by getting a different device.  Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes