Connection problems with um 150 not resolved
LLALLTEL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for the mobile broadband access about a year ago before talks of the new merger. Ive had no problems until about a week ago with my service, Ive called in about 5 times to get the issue resolved but to no avail. Is anyone else having problems with VZ access manager not connecting because of the error message username and password invalid. I am constantly getting this message. I can try to connect about  4 to 5 time and it will finally connect but will not have the speed i did have, only around 115 at the most. It doesnt matter if i have a good signal or not the speed is the same and it will not stay connected very long. I have a samsung

delve that i can connect with and have good speeds of 400 to 600 and it stays connected and will connect every time. It doesnt make sense that a product from Verizon will not work on their own system and  a phone from alltel will. I have called tech support and have been disconnected or hung up on twice in the 5 times ive called. Im gonna give it one last chance to get it resolved, if not i guess i will just have to get out of the contract some way, if i can't use it what the need to have it. Any one with any help with this please let me know.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connection problems with um 150 not resolved
LLALLTEL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks driveguy, finally after several attempts and hangups i did finally get someone to help me. We worked on it for about and hour or so and decided that the um 150 modem was loosing its authentication somehow so they sent me a new modem the um 175 i got it on time as they said it would, got it installed only had a  couple of problems on the install but got it figured out on my own, now everything so far is working great, actually the 175 has a better signal than the 150 so getting better down load speeds. I just hope Verizon keeps up the good work, Im sure  everyone has had problems in our ecomony so as long as i can get things taken care of in a reasonable amount of time im satisfied. I was with Alltel for a long time and always had great service, a lot greater coverage than big brother AT&T so if Verizon doesnt change I will be very happy for a long time to come.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
driveguy

Hi,  I had this very problem twice.   I do know verizon cust. svs is really slow right

now.  But in my area they are by far the best.  If you can manage to get thru

to a tech rep he will need to reset your usb modem at Verizon.  He may then tell you to open a

dialog box for VZ access  then he will have you type in a short sequence of alpha numeric

data to keep your modem from going off  frequency.

Its a simple fix and they are quite aware of it.  There is an error code number that pops up

when you have this prob.   like qa920 or some similiar.  give them that code to help streamline

the process.   good luck

0 Likes
LLALLTEL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks driveguy, finally after several attempts and hangups i did finally get someone to help me. We worked on it for about and hour or so and decided that the um 150 modem was loosing its authentication somehow so they sent me a new modem the um 175 i got it on time as they said it would, got it installed only had a  couple of problems on the install but got it figured out on my own, now everything so far is working great, actually the 175 has a better signal than the 150 so getting better down load speeds. I just hope Verizon keeps up the good work, Im sure  everyone has had problems in our ecomony so as long as i can get things taken care of in a reasonable amount of time im satisfied. I was with Alltel for a long time and always had great service, a lot greater coverage than big brother AT&T so if Verizon doesnt change I will be very happy for a long time to come.

0 Likes