Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Considering the SCH-LC11 or 4150L
jrwilk1

it appears that is the latest version.....

questions on the 4510 - can you use it as it is charging via usb? Booting speeds?

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

jrwilk1 wrote:

can you use it as it is charging via usb? Booting speeds?

In days of past charging while using was not a feature provided by that device with the USB cable.  Many work arounds were devised such as splicing the USB cable or purchasing a dongle/adapter to sever the USB data connection.  With the most recent firmware update applied, the MiFi is able to provide this feature.  If your USB charging while using feature is not working then we can refer you to a few work arounds to enable it. 

It takes my MiFi around 15-20 seconds to boot and become available for connections.  Shutting down takes about 10 seconds.

0 Likes
jrwilk1

Thanks.......looks to be miminal differences. I do like the digital display versus not knowing.

0 Likes
RUn2it

Oh yeah, knowing the signal strength has really been nice, even though it drops the connection with 4 bars signal strength I feel much better. And the newest firmware would be nice except when I tried to update it twice with techs on the phone and kept getting blue screens. Wot u say? Write a ticket on it, yep last NOV 12th and nothing. Emailed and asked and was told to call the support number, guess writing up a 2nd ticket is the hot setup. I say to go ahead and, what did you call it, brick it? That's the only way you can refer to it as reliable as it will not drop connection then. I wouldn't be so mad with the total lack of support (I don't consider apologies as support) random disconnects and speed, and a GB hog for some reason, maybe all the searching for fixes or reconnects for online banking and merchants having to re input all the info. What really makes me mad is having a fairly new expensive 740 expresscard that was consistantly faster, never dropped connection, cheaper monthly plan and was unlimited, didn't require a battery or charging cable, but the VERIZON STORE REP TOLD ME THERE WAS NO ADAPTER CABLE FOR EXPRESSCARD TO USB when there's been 1 for years and the Novatel (same as express modem) adapter is only $9.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so it's either reinstatement of old contract/terms  or my wireless + cell + home phone goes shopping after 10-12 or as many years as possible being a Verizon customer since they offered service. NEWS UPDATE, COMPLETEDE POST WITH A DISCONNECT, A FIRST!!!!

0 Likes