Cradlepoint Power Automation
notorious87

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any simple solution to automatically reboot your Cradlepoint router and other network devices when internet connectivity is lost. I manage several remote networks with IP security cameras, and I've been noticing that occasionally the USB760 goes dormant in the Cradlepoint router, and is unable to re-connect. Since connectivity is lost I can't remotley login to the Cradlepoint router to re-boot it, and this costs us a lot of time and money as we have to visit the remote locations every time the routers lose connectivity just to reboot the router. If anyone knows of any solutions that would make my life easier, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cradlepoint Power Automation
android123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google "3Gstore IP Switch" - saw it on the EVDO Forums and it definitely solves this problem! It will detect when the aircard disconnects and will reset your system for you automatically.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't have an answer for you, but when this happens to me, I simply unplug the USB760 from the CradlePoint and then plug it back in.  There is no need to reboot the router.

0 Likes
android123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google "3Gstore IP Switch" - saw it on the EVDO Forums and it definitely solves this problem! It will detect when the aircard disconnects and will reset your system for you automatically.

0 Likes
notorious87

I read the review on EVDOinfo.com and it looks like this should fix my issues! Thanks android123!!! I'm going to get one, and I'll post my results here!

0 Likes
notorious87

The 3Gstore IP Switch has really solved all my problems. The device actually pings several websites such as Google,Microsoft,Yahoo, etc, which keeps the Verizon connection from going dormant. Dormant mode is one of the main reasons why I previously had to reboot my router as the aircard would disconnect when it entered dormant mode because of inactivity for a certain period time. Even when the aircard has lost service, the IP Switch automatically rebooted our Cradlepoint router, and no one had to visit the remote site. I highly recommend this product!

0 Likes