Custom Port Forwarding settings MiFi 2200
srx70024

Hi,

Does the Mifi 2200 allow you to make custom port forwarding rules?  I see in some of the documentation that it has the standard, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, etc port forwarding to choose from, but I have applications which use a port # that does not appear in the list of standard choices.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Custom Port Forwarding settings MiFi 2200
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

I found a possible answer for your inquiry, This information will include steps on how to customize port forwarding on your MIFI.....please follow this link to access the information: http://forum.portforward.com/YaBB.cgi?num=1256595200/0

0 Likes
Chucky

Is this the tech support? I have the same problem that i need to do a custom port fowarding. There is no option to do that. I filter but not forward. Novatel shoud be able to update the firm ware to do this. Or is there a way that i cannot see? Verizon should be able to support this better.

0 Likes
Chucky

Oh by the way the link that is listed is if you have the ability to do a custom port forwarding. so it is not the answer.

0 Likes
aintigreat

The best and simpliest way to the port forwarding is to get a wireless router from CradlePoint and plug in your Mifi into it, I got mine from here http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint , with a router you will only need to setup the wireless connection once and any user on any computer can connect via wifi or ethernet.  You will also be able to custom your port forwarding features, allow load balance, and prioritize traffic,  its so easy even a cavemen can do it.

Order from 3gstore.com You want to be able to get the best tech support especially when it comes to port fowarding > Get the router and turn it on > Connect your verizon card to the rotuer > 15 seconds your connected just connect to the wifi like you would at a coffe shop.

0 Likes