Re: Data Usage details do not agree with VZAccess session logs
mmlowe

I have removed my Verizon Modem from service.  About 2 weeks ago, it utilized 2.5 gig in one day.  My log is showing

1/10th of that.  I do NOT stream, download, do movies, nor music, NOR did I do so on this date.  I called Verizon

for help.  I think they accused me of some sort of mis deeds.  I am not savy enough nor do I care enough to do.

I wrote to verizon, who suggested a number and a trouble ticket.  I have requested numerous trouble tickets to no avail with these modems (had a 4g which just did not work since February, backtracked to 3g, service was great until that

1 day). I have spent around 100 hours this year with customer serivce/tech support on this service to no avail. 
The charge for 2.5 gigs on that 1 day is BOGUS.  I am told the logs mean nothing, if so, then why are they there?

I removed the device from service, and since I was threatened with a penalty for cancelling, I am just counting down to

contract end date. 

At the very least Verizon should know their clients are being assessed unfair charges, and then simply abused by

customer no-service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there jen40! I totally understand the need of having reliable service. We certainly appreciate the time you have taken to troubleshoot this issue. What was the outcome when you visited a local store? Was troubleshooting done? I understand that you have had the issue for two months, was the connection stable before? Has the device ever been replaced? Additionally, what is your zip code?

I am looking forward to assisting you with your service.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmlowe

rcvd

0 Likes
wxgrl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem recently.  I live in a rural area and got the USB720 modem so we wouldn't have to have dial-up.  I got the 5G plan when we first signed up, but after a couple of years we never used even 250 MG and we even got emails from Verizon suggesting we could save money on our bill by switching to the smaller plan.  About a month after we switched to the 250MG plan we started getting messages from Verizon that we were over our limit and according to them we had used over 478MG in just a few days.  We don't download, stream videos, do webcasts or anything like that.  I called and after looking up the past 3 months of useage and finding that I had not even used half of the 250 MG they did agree to give me a credit for the overage.  This billing cycle, however, I've only turned my computer on 3 times and gone on my facebook for only a few minutes and I've already gotten messages that I've gone over my alloted 250MB????  When I check my useage log, I can only find about 14MB used.  How can that be??  I've even started unplugging my modem when I'm not at home.  I did find a Trojan horse virus and used my AVG software to delete it, but I'm still having problems.  I will admit I'm technoligically challenged so I'm not sur how to fix the problem.  Any help?

0 Likes
K4HDirector
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are similar posts and many of us are being overcharged, period.  For those of us that are serious about resolving this issue with Verizon, I suggest we all form a group and take it to the level it needs to go to the FCC. I'll post a group url if anyone is interested in finding a resolution to this.  I personally would like to buy groceries instead of paying over $500 a month bills for bogus data usage.  Please see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/776431

0 Likes
K4HDirector
Enthusiast - Level 2

(deleted link as per )

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
Putbull1130

We are having the same type of issue, My Verizon says we are at 5 gb's used at 18 of 31 days. When I downloaded the usage details it totals to 1.52 gbs....................................When I chatted with billing support they said they have been seeing this and IT working on it. They didn't have an answer why though.....They will over charge me once then I will not be happy.....................

0 Likes
jeffrey0707
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem!! I have 5gb a month. My month just started the 4th. I've already used 50%. Of my days!! How is that possible? I have 4g lite hotspot. I had a iPad 2 with a wifi in the iPad and I had the same plan and I barley used  half of my data!! Now I have th hotspot and last month I paid 100 for my data and nw already 50 this month. I do listen to music via a  a app. Bought. But in the 4 daysi haven't listen to almost half of my data though. Who should I contact and again y do u think this is happening?

0 Likes
jeffrey0707
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

What do I do when I've suppose ivy used almost half of my data in 4 days? Do I have to close down all my Internet pages every time I close? I have a ipad3 and when I go to work I take it off and connect to another  router. I don't download. Movies or watch movies!!im just Reilly's confused on this.

<< Please do not post personal information, such as email addresses, to the public forum.   >>

0 Likes