Data Usage
photocrazy

We have Verizon Home Connect. We are 2 weeks into the billing cycle. We do 5G per month. We have used 90% of our allowance in 2 weeks!!! Why?? How?? All we do it surf the web, email and Facebook. Nothing major...play Facebook games. This has never happened before. We always stay below 5G.

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
danny1971jdw

IDK NEITHER. I'M STILL TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE DATA USAGE, AND LEARN HOW TO NOT GO OVER WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IT'S VERY CONFUSING TO ME, IF YOU ASK ME. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Bucky12
Enthusiast - Level 1

yea I'm having the same problem. I don't download any movies, songs, nor do I stream live video or anything else of that nature. I simply surf the web anytime I need to look up something and my gf and I both use Facebook but no more than a few minutes a day. I might send 1-2 emails a week tops. Yet my last bill showed that we used over 11gb.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact VZW and ask for a Data log.  They will be able to show you the time stamps of the different sessions on your billing cycle which you can then trace back to what you were doing at the time.

If you want to check your consumption on the fly then I suggest calling the 1800# and working through the automated menus each time you get done surfing.  You should be able to get a feel for how much data you are consuming after a few calls and be able to control it better from there.

In terms of general help, see the data calculator tool for rough estimates on what normal data consumption looks like:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/datacalculatorPopup.jsp

0 Likes