Data usage spikes from 50% to 90% in 5 days?
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

SERIOUSLY???

I find it very coincidental that a couple of weeks after I had an issue "resolved" with verizon (where they had to erase a $264 charge for a service I never had), I suddenly have used 12GB in 5 days. PLEASE!! In 21 days I use 15 GB and the next 5 days I use 12GB. I'm stuck with this monopoly because I live on Pluto. Oh wait...I live 15 miles from the capital city of Michigan.

When something else comes along (and eventually it will) verizon can kiss my [removed]! $120/month for a 30GB cap and false reporting of data usage on top of that. I'm checking out DSL.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Data usage spikes from 50% to 90% in 5 days?
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I forgot to mention that 2 of those 5 days NOBODY was at home from 7am to 8pm, so essentially I "used" 12GB in less than 4 days.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which device is being used?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wtfranklin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Home Fusion

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were your computers on during that time? Could they have downloaded system updates? Since this is the metered connection did you setup the computer (if they have Win10) to treat the Home Fusion connection as a metered Internet connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Aside from computers, do you have any other devices such as Roku, AppleTV, IOT devices connected and left on which could ALSO have been using data?

I know when I am not at home, I do not turn my wireless router off OR disconnect my Roku, AppleTV, Amazon FireTV, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Wemo devices, connected light bulbs, wireless video cameras, wifi garage door, smart TVs, etc... and could ALL be consuming data even though no one is at home.

0 Likes