Data usage with Fivespot
jmfs

I just purchased a Fivespot device to connect to the internet on my pc.  If you leave it plugged in and the connection on but close the browser are you still charged for data usage or does the data usage start with you open a browser?

0 Likes
Re: Data usage with Fivespot
Not applicable
Any data downloaded to or uploaded from your computer will count against your 5 GB. This would include any software updates and Windows updates, etc.
0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

In order to avoid future issues with usage, I recommend disconnecting the device after each use as the device or any applications or programs on your computer can access the web still since the device is still connected causing additional usage against your monthly allowance.

0 Likes
RhondaP

You mention any data downloaded or uploaded from your computer uses you data usage allotment.  My mom has a Hotmail account.  When she reads emails is each email being downloaded and using up  her data usage allotment?  If she uses Google to look up something, does that go against her data usage?  I am looking for some guidance on what does and does not go against the data usage.

0 Likes