Data usage
minrd

I have the 5 gig  plan!!!   I have a  Verizon AC30 !!    I was told that 5 gig  would be more than enough for me!!!!     Why have I already used 4 gigs????   My monthly reset is not until 01-26-2012!!!!  

Can someone please help me with this!!!    Is something wrong with my connection???   

0 Likes
Re: Data usage
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

All the exclamations points take up more data space. 

If you stream any NetFlix, you could adjust the quality downward.

At default, it is about 125MB per hour, on rough observation.

Streaming Video is the big bandwidth hog, I think.

I use less than 200 MB per month, but this isn't my only internet connection.

I might go to Datajack when my contract is up, especially if they can take my MiFi 2200.

200MB is $9.95 per month.

0 Likes
Data usage
minrd

I do download games sometimes!!!    But I spoke with verizon when I upgraded to the 5 GB, and they assured me that the 5 GB  would be plenty for that!!!!     When I downloaded the last update for the VZaccess,   my antivirus software went crazy until I restored my computer back to where it was before I did the update!!!!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

They can say that, but they have no idea what games you are downloading. Can you offer examples???

I do not download and use my device exclusively as my data connection. I have unlimited data and do not come close to 5GB. And I use the device all the time.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning minrd,

5GB of data is indeed a lot of Internet usage but such a statement is subject to each individual's interpretation. If you are a moderate to heavy web browser then 5GB will definitely meet your needs. If you are downloading, uploading, and streaming videos, files, pictures, etc. then 5GB can go rather quickly. There are two alternatives to supplement the additional data usage. One way is to increase your data package. I have posted a link so you can shop for a plan with a higher data allowance.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plans/?page=mobileBroadband

Another option is to use wi-fi to supplement your data usage. Most public places offer wi-fi for free like a local McDonald's and Starbuck's. Although wi-fi may not always be available, depending on your location at the time, it's a great alternative to perform software updates and data intensive downloads. Personally, I update all of my app on my iPad and my software on my laptop on wi-fi when I'm at Starbuck's or when I'm at work, where wi-fi is free for me. I make a conscious effort to use my 5GB for browsing and occasional streaming. Hopefully, you will find some value in my experience. If you would have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply to this message.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsuppport

0 Likes