Data way too slow
striderlloyd

Why has my data speed ground to a halt in past 3 weeks? I hear it is because of increased traffic from the new unlimited plans. Actually, i heard today that in LA T-Mobile is approx 17 mps download and Verizon is now 14 mps download. Im thinking of switching to T-Mobile. Why should I stay with Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Data way too slow
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Why should I stay with Verizon?

Do whatever you think is best for yourself.  If you think switching carriers for a perceived boost in 3Mbps is worth the hassle then go for it.  Just be aware of the early termination fees if you are on a plan that is not fully matured.  VZW isn't going to feel bad for you if this is the only reason you are providing to them at termination time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Getzke, 

We want to make sure all our customers have the best speeds possible. Let's get some details. Do you notice the slower speeds in one particular area or all over? Are there others users having slow speeds as well?

The 14mbps is above the normal range of 4G speeds. Is that the speed you are getting on average?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Please read the thread before responding.

0 Likes