Diagnostics Logs
siroiszoo

Can anyone decipher the Diagnostics logs (under the View Log tab)?

After the nightmare I suffered through with the USB720, I am now using the USB760.  It is working better, but has begun to shut down just like the 720 was doing (about 3 times now - averaging, so far, once a week).  I am running Vista on my notebook.

I have made sure the Power Saver box is unchecked by the Novatel Wireless Modem device.  So power saving is not causing the problem.  So last night when I heard the infamous sound that a lost modem makes and looked up to see the device had shut down I went to the Device Manager.  I clicked modems and checked for any exclamation marks by the modem; none.  Then I went to properties and searched around and made sure everything was fine there.  Then I checked Diagnostics which obviously wasn't reading the device.  And then I went to View Log and printed that out.

the first 4 pages seems average with log on information and Sending and Recv information all the way up to the end of page 5 where I got this:

07-31-2009 20:54:00.890 - CD dropped--Remote modem hung up.  ModemStatus=00a407c8

07-31-2009 20:54:00.890 - while processing CD event, CD is reported as high when it should be low

07-31-2009 20:54:00.890 - While processing DC dropping, CTS or DSR was found low.

07-31-2009 20:54:00.891 - Hanging up the modem

07-31-2009 20:54:00.891 - Hardware hangup by lowering DTR.

07-31-2009 20:54:00.901 - 230400,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

07-31-2009 20:54:00.901 - Initializing modem.

07-31-2009 20:54:00.901 - DSR is low shile initializing the modem.  verify modem is turned on.

07-31-2009 20:54:00.901 - CTS is low while initializing modem.

I printed the log but can't make heads or tails out of what I could do to fix the problem. 

Since I was losing my connection due to signal strength throughout the day, I was watching my RSSI readings.  They were bouncing between -85 dBm (which is super good for where I live) and then skyrocketing to 105-108 -dBm throughout the afternoon & evening.  Not sure if this has anything to do with anything but I'm desperate for solutions.   While I had lost the signal several times yesterday, I was able to reconnect immediately.   I never lost the USB device or had any problems with the Access Manager until the USB device shut down last night.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

0 Likes
Re: Diagnostics Logs
papertrader

Great Topic, Good idea.

Copy n paste of my log :

Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Media disconnected warn Network adapter status not healthy

action Manual repair:

Reconnect network cable info User has reconnected the network cable info Network connection status: Media disconnected

info The network adapter is in a transient status, retrying...

info  Network connection status: Media disconnected

info Network connection status: Media disconnected

info Network connection status: Media disconnected warn Network adapter status not healthy

info Redirecting user to support call

Signal is RSSI-100dBm 

Weak signal not mentioned in error report.

Can you hear me now Techs.

0 Likes