Re: Excess data usage with Mi-Fi
canpoling
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's wonderful if it is an option for you.  For many of us who live in areas without those options, wireless or satellite (which is worse) is all we have.

AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi dysfunkshun,

I completely understand your frustration and definitely do not want to lose you as customer.  It is never our intention to setup a customer on a plan that is not conducive to their needs. We do provide several tools to help our customers monitor their usage. It appear that you are a heavy data user, we do offer a 10GB plan that may work better for you.  Please PM your number and  I would be happy to review your account in effort to place you on the right plan and  keep you as a customer.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for you contribution to our community forums, 

0 Likes
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I, also have used 75% in a very short time.  Not because I use that much.  Something keeps downloading.  Long ago, I turned off the automatic updates, even McAfee off, nothing helps.  I have used the spyware removal thing.  I shut off my Windows messenger.  I don't know what else to try except pay my $175 fee to get out of Verizon and bunch it and go back to very slow telephone service.  There has to be an answer if someone would figure it out.  Microsoft has been no help.

Six06
Enthusiast - Level 1
Ugh, the Verizon salesman who sold me my mi-fi suggested.I use it to replace my home service plan ... Which I found a poor suggestion. Aside from the obvious limited gigs, if I took the device with me, home would not have service.
Ozob
Enthusiast - Level 2
Why is this marked as solved? Why does Verizon keep marking unsolved issues as solved? Cripes!
rcschnoor
Legend

Ozob wrote:
Why is this marked as solved? Why does Verizon keep marking unsolved issues as solved? Cripes!

You do know how the "solved" check mark works, don't you? The OP determines whether or not THEIR question has been answered to THEIR satisfaction. If it has been, then THEY can mark the issue as being solved. Since YOU(Ozob) do not seem to be the OP(cbj2248), then how can you know if the issue hasn't been answered to their satisfaction.

If you do not like the answer, you can start your own thread and mark it as being solved when you decide it has been solved.

0 Likes
ClarDold
Contributor - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

Ozob wrote:

You do know how the "solved" check mark works, don't you? The OP determines whether or not THEIR question has been answered to THEIR satisfaction. If it has been, then THEY can mark the issue as being solved. Since YOU(Ozob) do not seem to be the OP(cbj2248), then how can you know if the issue hasn't been answered to their satisfaction.

If you do not like the answer, you can start your own thread and mark it as being solved when you decide it has been solved.

Not!

I have had Verizon employees mark the stupides suggestions, almost unrelated as "solved" for some of my postings, including trying to activate a MiFi with no Windows VZAccess Manager.

The original poste can unmark it, rejecting the solution, but marking it solved is certainly not limited to the original poster.

--

Clarence

rcschnoor
Legend

ClarDold wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

Ozob wrote:

Not!

I have had Verizon employees mark the stupides suggestions, almost unrelated as "solved" for some of my postings, including trying to activate a MiFi with no Windows VZAccess Manager.

The original poste can unmark it, rejecting the solution, but marking it solved is certainly not limited to the original poster.

--

Clarence

Which doesn't mean that the OP did not mark this as solved. I have not seen any posts from the OP requesting further info. In YOUR posts of which you speak(where you are the OP), did you go in and say that it wasn't solved? Do you see that here? That would lead one to believe that the post was answered to the satisfaction of the OP. Maybe you are arguing that Verizon then also deletes the account of the each OP, so that they cannot make conflicting statements disputing the "solved" status.

0 Likes
northernlights
Enthusiast - Level 2

all of those suggestions are fine, but the point you are missing is that nothing in over one year changed for me , not usage, not the way the MiFi was turned on/off or when...suddenly at end of November and thru December Gigs went through the roof...how in God's name would reading email, watching a couple of short youtube shorts, and reading research papers like i have done month after month cause 16Gigs to be used over a 3 hour period in a rural area with no one in the house but me and the closest neighbor a half mile away?  Please please explain that to me since even one of the techs in the Verizon store here in Richmond told me in front of his fat, sniveling obnoxious manager at the Short Pump store that it would take 5 kids with 5 X-boxes furiously gaming in order to even come close to using that many Gigs in 3 hours. So please, in your expertise tell me how those 16 Gigs appeared if you know a better explanation. Certainly everyone here is willing to take it into account.   Here is the suggested path after speaking to an internet fraud lawyer: to build your case: simply enough, a computer geek can print out every single minute of every single place you have visited on the web and when and how long for whatever time period, you can do this yourself through history but it will not give you the exact time frames and specific urls and codes as the computer geek can extract,  OR you can put a keylogger on your own computer on a monthly fee pay and then every single time you use the computer you print out the log (which is what I am now doing). I also obtained the printout of the past 6 months so that I can compare and submit with a letter from the lawyer I contacted who does internet fraud.He believes this is certainly a case worth working up and then submitting to the newspapers for starts, along with a number of communications commissions.  I suggest each of you also file a complaint with the FTC and submit your logs. You can contact the same lawyer group who is doing the class action for AT&T. The web is loaded with complaints of the exact same Verizon problem while Verizon keeps its employees telling clients like us to deny there is a problem with some of the devices. I have downloaded as many of those as well as evidence that the submissions on this site are not isolated issues. I would hope that each of the employees involved in the cover up, like Ms Kelly, will also be named for outright lying to us. I for one, am sick of the bullying from the Verizon store, from the useless manager to the smug woman behind the counter who insisted that this was somehow my fault. 16gigs in 3 hours...when I never went over 3-5 Gigs month after month after month for more than a year until November and December of 2011...so, this is my last post. There are definitive steps to take to present the case to Verizon...and after I gather all the specs, I will call the local TV channel that hosts a program (in our area called "12 on Your Side") and take it to the air. I want reimbursed for the now $400/month the MiFi is costing me.

ttb_62
Enthusiast - Level 2

I come close to limit in the last few days of the cycle. I have a girlfriend who like to stream. Leave's the web page open and walks off. Besides Microsoft updates. Adobe reader can have large updates, java plug in, flash, and google chrome. The video driver software, sound drive software there are a lot of non-Microsoft apps that quietly update. Some apps like to send anonymous statistic.

If you open a command prompt with no other apps open (browser) and type netstat hit enter. It will tell you the all connection. You may be able to determine what is using 192.168.1.1.  

I notice and you would not think it to be much. But depending on what mode MiFI you have there is a setting that stops it from auto scanning for the best signal. I also shut it down when I'm not using it and I think that was my biggest saving in usage.