Re: Excessive Data Overages on Verizon Jetpack
Hester66

HI. I am now experiencing this same issue. Up until March was using less than 1 GB a month for about 2 years with my jetpack. then saw a spike up to 2GB then 3GB then 4GB over the next few months with no increase or changes  in my actual daily usage. Last month went up to 12 GB and am now at  7 and only half way through the month. Customer service had no explanation. Only use it for facebook and  general browsing on the internet. I am looking for other options now. If they aren't willing to troubleshoot and help resolve the issue I will be going elsewhere.

Clearly this is happening to more than just me. Thank you all for sharing- your experiences validate there is truly an issue.

0 Likes
copperpenny22
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having the same issues with the jet pack.  We went back to the Verizon store several times, trying to solve the huge data usage; and now Verizon says the 14 day return is no longer valid, although the last time we made changes at the store was less than 14 days.  The store has refused to take back the units and Verizon support was not at all helpful.  We have turned off the units and temporarily suspended them from our Verizon account; but of course, Verizon expects us to pay the penalties.  We have been Verizon cell phone customers for more than 15 years; and we cannot imagine why Verizon would penalize their customers for these worthless units.  We will definitely be looking for another cell phone service, if Verizon continues to insist that we pay the penalties. 

0 Likes
StormieS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our usage on the jet pack is OUTRAGEOUS this month too! I have tried contacting Verizon and of course no one can help! I'm hoping that customer service sees this post and actually does something about it!!! The is unacceptable!

0 Likes
moccmonet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am seriously thinking class action lawsuits in the near future.

moccmonet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went from typically 4-6 GB month to $350.00 in overages AFTER I continued to up my GB in my plan...first to 8GB..then to 10GB to wvwn 12 GB...at Verizon's suggestion, of course....thinking maybe I was using that much data. I am not using that much data. I am quitting Verizon....and have convinced at least three family members so far to quit. We will find a family plan elsewhere. Crooks. Nothing less.

0 Likes
rjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem - my son needs to use the jetpack occasionally but it is using data when he is saying he isn't even on it.I have continually increased the data and am paying for 20gig of data and still go over by another 2 -3 gig a month.  It uses an excessive amount of data - I agree I see class action law suit should be considered.  We are documenting his actual use and what verizon is saying is being used - I encourage everyone to do the same

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjcook2, I'm saddened to hear that you're increasing data. I'll be happy to help manage the data with you. How many devices show as connected on your Jetpack? Which Jetpack do you have? have you concidered the Family Base?

VanetrisC

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skliz

I've had this same problem with data overages starting this summer!! All of a sudden, my son and I almost doubled what we've been using!! We were out of the country for almost 10 days where we didn't have cellphones and WE STILL WENT OVER!!! It would save me tons of $$$$ and switch to another cellphone company!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skliz,

Hearing about the increased data usage is worrisome for us and we are here to help get it back to normal. I noticed that you specified this issue started over the summer. Was that when you first started using your Jetpack or had you been using it for a little while before that? Also, which make/model Jetpack do you have and do you turn it all the way off when you're not using it?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rvnmaniac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also am concerned with Data usage. My two year contreact is up 3 DEC 2014. As of the middle of Oct my data usage has soared to where it actually went over my 6GB limit. This has not occured in the almost two years i have had the plan. Just got a alert today saying that i am at 75% usage until 3 Dec. I have not started doing anything different then i have since day one on the plan.

I would hate to think because i'm nearing the end of the contract that i am maybe being coerced to increast my data usage plan. I've sat on watch the data go up and i was doing nothing at all.  If this is not corrected i will cancel my services and go with another provider.

Anyone have a good customer support number?

0 Likes