Re: Extender/Signal Booster problem in Chicago on high floor
mm53
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is starting to sound like sci-fi. Perhaps the other me (the one with the cat) in a parallel universe is having better luck. You made a good point about GPS signals; I've become fixated on Verizon's cell tower signals, I'll try to keep moving the extender around and see what happens.

Snn5
Legend

It's kinda the same way as DirecTV...southwest-facing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mm53,

I completely understand how frustrating this has been for you. Let's get the network extender working right. You mentioned that the System light is blinking. Is it a blue or red blinking light?  If the GPS LED light is red or magenta, the internal antenna may not be able to detect a GPS signal, and installation of the external GPS antenna may be necessary http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-36587/.

Please visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111628/ to view LED Combinations - Possible Failure Reasons and Recommended Actions. Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mm53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Snn5, Weth, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, literally. I had to use the extension cable to get the GPS antenna on a south window (also some west), The GPS locked in about 15 minutes. I returned the extender and antenna with cable still attached to the east side of the room, so I could tuck it neatly under the TV stand. It's been working perfectly for about 3 days now. All lights are still blue and, although GPS blinks red occasionally, the signal strengths on all our iPhones are now 5 bars. Just with I could get rid of that unsightly cable, but when I disconnect it and try inserting the antenna alone, I completely lose the GPS signal.

Snn5
Legend

Wow, that was a shot in the dark...but YAY. Smiley Happy

0 Likes