FIRMWARE PATCH UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG 4G LTE HOTSPOT AVAILABLE 13 APRIL 2011
airman23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello all. I just downloaded and installed a Firmware update from Samsung's support web site for the SCH-LC11 LTE Mobile Broadband  Wi-Fi hotspot named SCH-LC11_Upgrade_Tool_Ver1.0.011. You can go to Samsung's support web site and download it from there1. Title
SCH-LC11 Upgrade Tool Ver 1.0.011
2. Applicable Model
SCH-LC11
3. Carrier or Corporate Customer
Verizon Wireless
4. Description
For Verizon Wireless LC-11 Hot Spot Device

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-LC11, which is recommended to be installed.

This update includes software additions/enhancements, one of which will enable auto connect while roaming.

The update patch pretty much walks you through the update process, You will need your power cord that  came with the SCH-LC11 to perform the update, then  the device will have to be reset back to default settings. I just installed however I do not know whether or not it will fix the power shutoff problem that a lot of people have been complaining about regarding the SCH-LC11.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIRMWARE PATCH UPDATE FOR SAMSUNG 4G LTE HOTSPOT AVAILABLE 13 APRIL 2011
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

However, it requires a Windows computer to install. Bummer!

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Are you *SUCH* a Mac person that you don't have a Windows machine you have access to? LOL.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

willzzz99 wrote:

Are you *SUCH* a Mac person that you don't have a Windows machine you have access to? LOL.

I did until January, when I dumped my last Windows machine and loaded Ubuntu on it, and got a Macbook Air.

0 Likes
MTBck

where did you find this update?  I can't locate it under the Support -> Device... page, or via search.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

It's there, go to the device page, click "I own this device", and downloads. Samsung's support website is confusing...

0 Likes
LKMike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where is a consistently reliable place to get updates for the SCH-LC11 Verizon 4G LTE MiFi card?

I have a Mac and want to know if I should be updating the software on my own or if it updates itself OTA.

I asked about it updating itself because it oddly seems to have reset itself, clearing out all settings including SSID, password, etc. and rolling back to factory defaults without my interaction. This is the first time it did this, after not being used for a while, and after taking a while to turn on.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes