Fastest Broadband Device
Trail_Time

I have been a long term Verizon broadband customer (PC5750).  Been very happy with the coverage and speed.  I am adding a second account.  What is the fastest current device?

I am interested in going with either the MiFi or one of the other USB devices and a Cradlepoint router?  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Fastest Broadband Device
Not applicable

I don't know the answer, but I suspect they all operate at the same speed.  I have a USB760 and a CradlePoint MBR1000.  I love it.  When at home, I plug my USB760 directly into the CradlePoint router along with my Charter cable internet modem.  The router then uses my Charter signal but automatically switches to Verizon when Charter goes down.  I also have a CradlePoint CTR350 router for when I travel.  They both work great, as does the USB760.

0 Likes
yeeheecom

I suggest trying the new RoadRunner 4g Mobile broadband. Its much faster and much cheaper and with unlimited bandwidth.

0 Likes
TxTopper

I'd recommend some caution on signing up for 4G services.

4G Technologies have not yet been set by the governing standards organizations.

The services being offered now may or may not be included in the final standards

and may or may not be compatible with the final standards.

There is a good summary of what's going on here and a resource for further research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

0 Likes