Fivespot - Turn off WIFI?
mrharh

I've been having trouble with my fivespot.  We bought to replace dial up and are using this on our desktop computer with a USB cord.  The unit will work fine for a few days and then suddenly switch to WIFI mode. Once it goes into WIFI mode, it will not work and will not connect to the network.   I cannot get it to switch back - and I replaced the first unit and now the second unit is doing the same thing.  We've tried unplugging/plugging back in, resetting battery, restarting computer, crossing fingers, nothing is working.   When I tried to call support, they sent a replacement USB cord! I don't think the cord is the issue - any ideas are much appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Fivespot - Turn off WIFI?
stevecurrin

I have to reload all the drivers and software, if i disconnect my 5 Spot from my computer. I have giving up on WIFI, I just make sure to keep my usb cord and 5 spot connected to the computer at all times.

0 Likes
Re: Fivespot - Turn off WIFI?
aprilmama

your post has been a while ago, maybe u have figured it out. I have the five spot now for my desk top that is not wifi capable, and i also use it on my wifi enabled laptop. If your five spot automatically switches to wifi, turn the wifi off, then back on, that usually switches it back to broadband. Also i had to take battery out for a few seconds, and go thru the same process again, and it worked. Hope this helps !!

0 Likes