Fivespot connecting to a desktop
george2002

I am trying to convert my desktop to a wireless unit.  I have a Cisco USB "N" wireless adapter.  When I plug it in the usb port on the desktop, there is no recognition of the usb adapter.

If I plug the fivespot in the desktop, I can get internet. 

What do I need to do so I can run my desktop and laptop at the same time?

0 Likes
Re: Fivespot connecting to a desktop
Not applicable
You need a wireless internet adapter for your desktop that works. It can be a USB version or internal version. Once it is installed and working properly, you should be able to use it to connect to your Fivespot along with your laptop.
0 Likes
fleming611

I am having the same issue and am very frustrated.  What is a wireless internet adapter? Where do I get one? 

0 Likes
AndrewD

I wireless internet adapter is a 'card' of sorts that you would add to your system. You would install it like you might install a new hard drive, video card, RAM, etc. Most if not all laptops come pre-installed with one, but it's rare to find one in a stock desktop (though becoming common in custom built PC's).

As far as getting one: many tech stores have them. Best Buy, I know for sure, carries some that are easy to install without need for in-depth hardware knowledge. Office Depot and your local comp. repair store will also carry them. They'll cost anywhere between $25 and $150or more, depending on the quality of the device.

Does that help?

0 Likes