Fivespot shuts down, have to remove battery to restart it
Gomer

I just bought this new Fivespot to replace my aging USB720.  Unfortunately it is only marginally faster than the old 720.  But the worst thing is, it keeps shutting down WHILE it is being used.  Worse yet, it won't power back on.  I have to remove the battery for a few seconds then reinstall it to turn it back on.  I originally thought it was a heat issue as it does get exceptionally warm, but just a few minutes ago I turned it on, turned on my laptop and less than five minutes later it was back off...while my home page was loading!  It's going back tonight!  I had wanted to purchase the Mifi 2200, as it lists OSX compatibility on verizon's web site whereas this thing only shows windows.  But the Sales rep told me that I can now only get the Mifi 2200 as a bundle with the iPad.  I think he is wrong.  I am hoping that I can get my New-Every-2 credit back so that I can order the Mifi online.  I don't NEED international capability, just a portable modem that works.

0 Likes
Re: Fivespot shuts down, have to remove battery to restart it
Dales

For the first couple of weeks we had the Fivespot, I loved it.  But then it started doing weird things, dropping the WiFi signal, unable to detect device, etc.  When I saw the posts about removing the battery, that helped, at first.  Then noticed is was so warm that I figured it had fried itself.  The final straw was when it tried to do a firmware update and failed, and then became completely useless.  So I traded in the Fivespot for the MiFi 2200 before the 30 days was up.  It seems like the Fivespot has some bugs and it's helpful to see I wasn't the only having these problems.

0 Likes
Re: Fivespot shuts down, have to remove battery to restart it
AQA

I'm glad to hear that others are having the same problem as me.  My ZTE Five Spot wi fi AC 30 rarely lasts for more than about two maybe three hours before shutting down.  Sometimes it is much less.  I went back to Verizon when it happened one day.  They took the battery out, put it back in, and it worked.   I left the store and, within 30 minutes, my internet was off again.  I use this devise for work and typically need it for an eight hour day.  I spend significant time every day taking the battery out and putting it back in.  I am not satisfied with this device.  Is there anything I can do?  I've had it since 12/8/2010.

0 Likes